Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Materials in animation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PKorb
443 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2012 Materials in animation

Is it possible to change materials mid animation in inventor 2012? Essentially, im looking to rotate a camera arround an assembly,make the enclosure glass and do it again.

Additionally, Is there a way to use animations already created in an ipt file (using the same model) in Inventor Studio?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: PKorb

First part of your question it sounds like Animate Fade

or

Animate Fade in combination with two copies of the same part with different materials at different Animate Fade stages.

second question - I have no idea what you are asking.
You might try elaborating in different words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
PKorb
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you. And sorry i was unclear. Basically, I have created animated explosions in a presentation file.... is it possible to use those animations in Inventor studio? To give you a clearer idea of where im going, I'd like to rotate the camera arround the assembly, change it to glass, animate the parts and then explode it all in one animation.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: PKorb

@PKorb wrote:

....in a presentation file.... is it possible to use those animations in Inventor studio?

No - unfortunately you cannot do this.  You never mentioned ipn file.

Autodesk seems to have forgotten ipn environment.  I think this has been a wish list item ever since Studio appeared.
I would use Inventor Studio for the animation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
PKorb
in reply to: JDMather

Ok thank you very much for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report