Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012: How can I move a part of a sketch along an axis?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2275 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2012: How can I move a part of a sketch along an axis?

In my sketch I want to move a smaller circle that is within a circle along the Z-axis. I've put the image below to avoid confusion. I am using Inventor 2012. Can anyone help me?

example image.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
harco
in reply to: Anonymous

"I want to move a smaller circle that is within a circle along the Z-axis" - not possible, 2d sketches are 2d planar they have no internal z value.

If you want 3 axis values you can with 3d sketches but I doubt that this is what you need.

You will need to either create a new workplane offset from the definition plane of the first sketch and create a new sketch on the offset plane, or extrude the first sketch and create a new sketch on the extruded face.

In this new sketch you can then project geometry of the small circle to this sketch, you will need to RMB on the first sketch and make it visible to allow projection if you have extruded.

Message 3 of 4
blair

Why would you want to move the circle in the sketch. What are you trying to accomplish.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

Extruded circles would result in cylindrical features

Revolved "rectangles" (see attached) would result in ______________ features (fill in the blank).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report