Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 - Export to DWG issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1081 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 - Export to DWG issue

Hey all...

I'm having an issue with exporting an Inventor 2012 .idw to AutoCAD DWG.

I am trying to export a multi-sheet drawing to AutoCAD 2007 using the Model Space - Full Scale option.

IT seems like no matter what I try, it will only export the geometry from the first sheet. It creates the other 2 .dwg files (Sheet 2 and 3) but they are empty.

The drawing set is comprised of a large plan view on sheet 1 and then a bunch of section views, originally cut on sheet 1 and then moved to the other sheets.

I tried using the other options "Sheet Scale - Model Space" which left me with some odd scale factor on the section views (completely different from the scale on the drawing) so, I can't use that...

And "Base View Scale - Model Space" or "Layout" give me the same result as the 1:1 scale option... all 3 files, but 2 and 3 are empty.

I tried .dxf and other AutoCAD versions with no change.

Anyone have any ideas?

Is my workflow flawed... or is it something else?

I doubt I can upload any of the data... the files are really big.

Thanks,

Chip R.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeffrey.sun
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Chip,

I believe your workflow is correct.

Is this issue file-specific? Or all the idw files with multi-sheets can't be exported correctly on your build? Please have a try to update all sheets prior to exporting.

If possilbe, could you send me your dataset by mail or upload it to a FTP server where I can access. I can make further investigation to it.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Jeffrey,

Thanks for responding...

I played with a couple other models and got some different results...

A 2-sheet .idw kind of worked... I got sheet 1, except it left out the base view, and sheet 2 was correct with the only view from that sheet.

But another 3-sheet idw with a much less complex model performed similar to the original problem where only 1 view from one of the sheets actually appeared, even though all 3 sheet dwg files were generated. This dataset I can probably send if you want...

I did a 7-zip to get it down to about 8Mb... I could also split it up further if necessary.

Message 4 of 6
jeffrey.sun

Hi Chip,

I can't reproduce it on my build. I need your dataset to do the further investigation.

Thank you very much!

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
rcriceus
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

I have parallel issue. I have an Inventor part that I exported to a DWG for inclusion in a building layout that we have someone doing for us. The exported DWG is of the side view, not the top down view. How do I change this?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hey Chip, have you tried the save copy as... and selecting DWG instead of export? Or did you mean DWF?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report