Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Content Center Add-In not loading

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
flickingerd
762 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2012 Content Center Add-In not loading

Hello.  My Content Center Add-In is not loading in Inventor Pro 2012.  It's listed as unloaded in the Add-In manager (see below), and, of course, "Place from Content Center" isn't shown as an option on any of the menus.  If I double-click on Centent Center in the Add-In Manager, the word "Unloaded" changes to "Loaded" and I don't get any errors.  It looks like it should have loaded fine.  But then if I close the Add-In Manager and open it again, it has gone back to "Unloaded".  I haven't found anything that can restore the Content Center functionality.

I have installed Inventor Pro 2013, and this could have been around when the Inventor 2012 Content Center broke.  I'm not positive about the timing...  If I start Inv 2013, the Content Center works fine in it.

Any suggestions for what to do before uninstalling 2013 and/or reinstalling 2012?

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: flickingerd

You might try doing a repair install on Inventor 2012 to see if that fixes the problem.

Message 3 of 3
flickingerd
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks.  The problem seems to be solved now.  I did a repair install, which didn't seem to do anything or fix the content center right away.  After a reboot though, the content center seems to be working (reboots didn't help before).  I did some other stuff too, though, so I'm not sure whether the repair install or the other stuff is what did the trick.  (Other stuff = fixing this anti-virus program that had gone haywire and started quarantining legitimate files.  It didn't seem like any of the quarantined files would have an impact on this, but it's hard to say...).

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report