Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 - ACME Threads Not Available??

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Panygeric
10532 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2012 - ACME Threads Not Available??

Just a basic question I'm seeming to run into - Apparently "ACME"-style threads are not available in Inventor 2012??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: Panygeric

Don't you mean ASME?  If so they coincide with ANSI which are there.

thread.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: Cadmanto

ACME

http://www.mcmaster.com/#about-acme-threads-for-threaded-rods/=me4obt

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Ray,

Fair enough.  I was just checking.

Then the short answer is "No".  You are going to have to create your own thread.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 10
Panygeric

OK - Thanks! Hopefully this is something that will be in the future or just got overlooked?? Man Embarassed It's a fairly common  usage thread type - think of  those feed screws w/ the round spinning turnhandles you find on A LOT of larger shop equipment....

Message 6 of 10
mrattray

That's surprising. I've never had cause to use ACME threads, but I would expect to use them before some of those other odd thread standards Inventor does have.
By the way, ACME threads are standard to use on any sort of jack screw, like the feed screw on an engine lathe.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 10
JDMather

For ACME thread type I like actual modeled threads rather than cosmetic representation.

I made an iPart with commonly used sizes.

We were just using this this morning in Dynamic Simulation to demonstrate use of the Screw Joint type.

Screw Joint.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
spec24

Glad to see Autodesk has done nothing regarding implementing ACME threads since this post. 🙄

Message 9 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: spec24

@spec24 

Not sure what version of Inventor you have but here's a modified Inventor 2018 thread xls file with ACME info in it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 10
jtylerbc
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster, I'll be making use of this as well.  We use ACME threads occasionally, but infrequently enough that I had never gotten around to adding them to the thread spreadsheet. 

My thread.xls already has some other customizations, so I'll have to transplant your data into it.  But this will save me some time digging up all the information and typing it in.  Thanks for posting it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report