Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
283 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2011

I have just started a new job that uses inventor 2011 and at my previous job I was using inventor 2012-2014. The newer version of inventor had i-logic forms which I could create to use as a configuration for parts, I was wondering how I could  achieve this in inventor 2011.  I need to be able to set nozzle height and angle location for balance, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Not enough detail in your question to suggest a possible solution..

You said "configurations" ... can you use iparts/iassemblies instead?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I need a way to configure a base assembly or part per costumer specs.  The company I now work at creates water tanks and filtration system, I am working on what they call a balance tank that feeds the filtration system its water supply.  The tank has 10 nozzles on it that the customer can specify the height and degree of orientation around the tanks.  I am looking for a way to use a base set up and just specify the nozzle hieght and angle location and have every thing change and be able to save the assembly and parts as new part numbers that use the customer purchase order number.  The tanks are made as a base shell and the holes are then cut out per customer specs.  for the nozzel location.

Message 4 of 6
mrattray

I would try to convince the powers that be to upgrade.
Are you familiar with the API and/or VBA?
Is it unreasonable to use iParts/iAssemblies per mcgyvr's suggestion?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I have just started at this company so I do not have much pull yet, I am familiar with the concepts that you mentioned, but just need some help to get pointed in the right direction and started as I am not sure how to approach it.

Message 6 of 6
mrattray

There's plenty of information to be found here and on the net. Try doing some research and then determine which course of action you want to take.
I would still try to encourage them to update.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report