Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 sp1 install error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chris-ams
622 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2011 sp1 install error

I have recently purchased inventor Professional suite 2011. It is running on win7 64bit pro. When I try to install sp1 I get an error code 1328. It says when on various files (It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor). I have looked on the internet and not found any thing on this. Could someone inform me of how to fix this.

Build 239 Release 2011 RTM

Chris

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BaochengWu
in reply to: Chris-ams

thanks for your report.

I didn't encounter error 1328 on my machine. error 1328 means service pack cannot patch on some files since they are modified. I guess you may patched other Autodesk product's SP, such as AutoCAD or Vault.

you can try to do as the following steps to see if the problem can be solved.

1. go to control panel, select Inventor and Reinstall it.(it might need source file during reinstalling) and then, try to install SP1 again.

2, if step 1 doesn't work, please go to %temp% folder when you encounter error 1328, open the latest log file, check which file block installing SP. and then find this file in your Inventor DVD(generally, the file is in Bin folder), copy the file from DVD and replace the one in your hard disk. try to install SP1 again

3. if neither of above steps work, I am afraid you have to uninstall Inventor and install it again. that should be able to solve the probelm surely

if you still have problem, please attach the log file.

Baocheng Wu
SW Engineering Manager
Message 3 of 4
Dennis_Jeffrey

I'm assuming you did the Configure AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor during installation.

During the Inventor install configuration, did it ask to download the SP1? This is normal behavior. If you go to the down arrow as shown below, you can verify that SP1 may already be installed.

4-9-2011-NG000096.png

If not, be sure that you are installing the correct SP1 ( 32 bit, 64 bit, etc.)

4-9-2011-NG000097.png

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 4 of 4
Chris-ams

Thank you both for the help. As soon as I get a chance I will try these steps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report