Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 crashes on DWF export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
d.zanon
375 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2011 crashes on DWF export

Hi,

I'm trying to export a big project to DWF to work on it on Inventor Publisher later,

but without success due to a "running low on memory" message I get every time,

telling me that the session is using 81% of available virtual memory.

Monitoring the exporting process the cpu (an Intel core i7) is barely at the 50%

and uses up to 5 of the 8 cores and the Inventor process gets 1.4gb (of 4) of ram

memory before it crashes with the usual message saying that Inventor closed unexpectedly.

I set the pagefile 3 times the available memory hoping it will use that but with no luck,

it sticks around 8gb size.

The computer is a Lenovo laptop W520 with XP x86 running with Inventor Professional 2011 SP2.

Any help is really appreciated since I have to configure theese machines for many users.

Thanks

Davide

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: d.zanon

If it has CER report dialog box pop up, please send the CER to autodesk with your email address, In the second, can you zip and send your project to Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com for us validation ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
d.zanon
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi,

the problem is that Inventor is using ONLY the ram memory ignoring the pagefile, so the exporting process eats all the memory leading the software eventually to a crash. I'd like to know if there's a way to configure Inventor to take also advantage of the pagefile and lighten the ram from the workload.

Due to a copyright problem I cannot send you the project, sorry.

thanks

Davide

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report