Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 - Stability Issues out of nowhere

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
377 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2011 - Stability Issues out of nowhere

I am running Inventor 2011 and all of a sudden it has become extermely instable. I have another computer I work on it and the files work fine. This problem just came out of nowhere. I have reinstalled inventor and am still having the same issues. Anyone ever heard of anything like this? Possible solutions? Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 6
mrattray

Have you changed anything recently?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It is crashing while working with more "complicated" drawings/geometry. It just closes very quickly and the error report shows up. It most commonly happens when updating drawings from a master file, assemblies that have multiple parts, basically functions where it involves referencing.

I run a mac with parallels, inventor 2011 through windows 7. Plenty of memory, hard drive space, super fast computer etc... I understand that inventor on a mac is not the most ideal situation but have been a mac guy for years before i got involved with inventor and am just not interested in having a pc/ multiple platforms, if you knew my situaion with all of the software we use you would understand. Haven't had any problems, software has always worked great, stable etc... I have done nothing new to the computer, the problem literally just came out of nowhere. I also have the same setup on my macbook pro. I tried doing some of the functions I had problems with on my drafting computer and there is no issue on my laptop. 

Message 5 of 6
cbenner
Message 6 of 6
t_hutns
in reply to: cbenner

Hello,

Could you please send the Customer Error Report with your email address with some comments to Autodesk when you get the crash? Please post the Report ID here so we can take a look at this error report.

Thanks

Stanislav Hutnan

Inventor Development

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report