Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 Parts only

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Dan_Margulius
1469 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 2011 Parts only

Hello ,

The tab parts only dissapeared from the tabs in BOM.

How can I get it back? picture attached.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
R.Reuchlin
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Hello,

I just had teh same problem. The assemly where the 'parts only tab' was missing was an iAssembly. When I

converted it back to a normal assembly the tab rappeared again.

Let me know if this works.

Best regards

Message 3 of 12

Hi! Currently, Inventor does not provide a Part Only BOM in an iAssembly factory. The only workaround available at this moment is open the member assembly file and break the link to the factory. Then, the Part Only view will become available. However, the member is no longer linked to the factory.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 12
MD-104

Is there a similar problem with the frame generator?

Message 5 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: MD-104

The restriction I mentioned above only apply to iAssembly. Any regular assembly should not have the restriction. Frame Generator assembly is not an iAssembly, so Part Only view should be available in BOM table.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 12
MD-104
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Can you take a look at this assembly done with 2011? I went to a class a few weeks ago and wanted to see the new features of 2012 and the instructor was able to do it easily with 2012 by selecting "parts only" in the drop down of the BOM structure for the subassembly (items 4 and 5 on the idw). I am unable to find this drop down (only normal, inseparable, purchased, phantom and reference [see doc]). What I would like to see is items 4 and 5 not in the parts list and items 4.1 and 5.1 to show up but showing the tube size. I saw that there is an ipt and an iam for each diagonal tube. I would imagine that is for the end treatments but both the iam and ipt show the end treatments. If you are unable to look at the assembly let me know and I will send it to my reseller.

Message 7 of 12
MD-104

It looked like my zip did not go through. Here it is.

Message 8 of 12

Hi! I need a bit more clarity of what you want to achieve in this workflow. I am not seeing an IDW in the attached zip file. What do you mean by clicking on the dropdown and picking "Part Only"? I am not sure I understand the workflow here.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 12
MD-104

Here is the idw. Not sure why it was not in the original pack and go. Maybe that is another issue. Due to the way the frame generator works, I made sub assemblies for the elevation view diagonals and plan view diagonals. In the class (with 2012) the instuctor was able to right click on these sub assemblies and select BOM where he was able to right click again in the BOM window and select "parts only" from the drop down. In 2011 it appears that the drop down is missing "parts only", (I only see normal, inseparable, purchased, phantom and reference) so in the idw the parts list is listing the diagonal sub assembly as well as the parts of the sub assembly and i only want the parts to show up. I was able to do this by double clicking the parts list and clicking the plus symbol for the subassembly. I hope the issue is clear but if you have more questions, let me know.

Message 10 of 12
MD-104

Have you had time to look at the idw?

Message 11 of 12
bryantsonnier
in reply to: MD-104

Is this still a problem in Inventor 2015.  Is there a less "hokey" (read broken) work around that is available?

Message 12 of 12

Hi! I am afraid to say the limitation still persists as of Inventor 2016. The same workflow still applies.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report