Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 - PDF export text fault

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HenrikGraversen
2213 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2011 - PDF export text fault

Hi,

Got a problem with the PDF export.

The PDF exporter can't get the text right. But only sometimes.

see attached snapshot of a revision table.

I see there are a none.english hot fix for this. will that work on my english installation.

Kind regards

Henrik Graversen

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

This is a known issue and our development team works for fixing it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can export the idw file as AutoCAD dwg file, and then, the PDF result will display correctly. Exporting to Inventor dwg format also could help for some datasets.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

Or do what many others do and ditch Inventors horrible PDF tool and use a real PDF creator..like Adobe acrobat or the free cutepdf.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HenrikGraversen

I was really hoping that this problem would be addressed when I saw that there was a new service pack.  The problem appears to have actually gotten worse, however.

This is a function that we use constantly,  and it is very time consuming to have to continue to work around this known issue.  Any updates on when it will be fixed?

Message 5 of 6
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: Anonymous

I checked the status of this problem with our development team and the fix is planned for Inventor 2011 SP2. This service pack should be available in two to four months.

I hope this answers your question.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HenrikGraversen

Increase vector resolution to 1200 or 2400 DPI (help not for 100% of drawings).

I return now to PDFCreator (1.0.2) and wait for fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report