Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 Animation Rendering

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
SpitfireRcp
3569 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2011 Animation Rendering

After running a rendering for an animation, I opened up the .wmv file to see that everything was a blur. The anti-alias was set to high,  screen resolution to 1024x768, frame rate 25, and 1500 kbps. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SpitfireRcp
in reply to: SpitfireRcp

I guess no one knows...

Message 3 of 9
Bill_Bogan1

were you doing much else while the rendering was going on? I've had periodic questionable results from wmv and try to avoid using it unless I have no alternative.

Have you tried rendering to AVI ? If yes...

• what was the outcome?
  • what codec do you use?
  • Is the animation intense/complex or simple (like a camera turntable)?

I'm trying to get a picture of what may be involved.

Thanks.

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 9
SpitfireRcp
in reply to: Bill_Bogan1

I wasn't doing anything while the computer was running, I even turned off my wireless internet. I didn't want to render to an AVI because of the whole codec ordeal, I have no idea which to use and I want to be able to view it easily in like windows media player and not have to download a special program like divx. I can try and render it to an AVI if you think it would help.

Message 5 of 9
Bill_Bogan1

It's up to you. My preference is AVI - I like the results much better. Smoother, clearer output on my machines.

Many of the long time studio users have rendered avi using the techsmith codec (doesn't require additional baggage s/w like DivX wants you to take). You can get it free, here:

http://www.techsmith.com/codecs.asp

Once installed, restart Inventor, Inv Studio, and when you're ready, in the rendering dialog, when you name the output, select AVI as the type. When you click OK, it will ask for a codec - Techsmith should be in the list. (note: if it isn't, it may require a reboot of the machine to see it), it will prompt you for the codec - select Techsmith and proceed.

If you try AVI, let us know how it went.

Cheers,

Bill Bogan
CXD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 9
Doug_DuPont
in reply to: Bill_Bogan1

Bill,

I am on Windows 7 64 Bit and have not been able to get this codec to Install. I have read that SmithTech does not have a 64 Bit Codec. Is that correct? I would like to make a compressed video that everyone can view without having to download something special.

Thanks

Doug

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 7 of 9
Bill_Bogan1
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

Hi Doug,

I went onto the Techsmith forum and looked for info about a 64 bit codec solution.

Here's what I found... "The 64-bit TSCC codec is installed with 7.1.0"

There latest upgrade to Camtasia Studio (7.1) apparently has a 64-bit codec. I am uncertain as to whether or not that codec is available for download from their site. One would think that it would be. Did you download the codec recently?

Another option would be to contact their support via email or phone and see if they can tell you whether or not the codec is/supports 64-bit OS.

To render compressed AVI or WMV, I would think, requires a codec of some sort and anyone viewing that video would need the codec. My codec exposure is fairly limited - techsmith, DivX, Xvid and all require you to have the codec on the machine for playback. I think that's the nature of the beast.

I haven't used MovieMaker from MS, but you could investigate whether or not it will accept images and turn that into video. Then, In Inventor, for render output, use the image sequence option and output to images. Use MovieMaker to assemble it to video and see what results. As I said, I've not tried this, so the result could be totally acceptable or unaccecptable. Maybe someone with MovieMaker experience can chime in.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance on this topic.

Bill Bogan
CXD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 9
gmi_student09

come visit my blog to watch mould animation . create by autodesk inventor 2011

give ur comment http://speechless009.blogspot.com/2011/12/two-plate-mould-with-slider-animation.html

Message 9 of 9
jmeerzo
in reply to: gmi_student09

i am having this same problem but i'm using Inventor Professional 2013.  any more recent advice?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report