Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 slow network

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gstaver45331
713 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2010 slow network

I have a customer running Inventor 2010 and they are having terrible network transfer speeds opening and copying their drawing to and from the network server share. Their server is a XEON 2.4 GHZ W2K3 machine with 4 gigs of ram. Their engineering machines are Core i7-930 machines with 12 gigs of ram. All network cards are gigabit as well as the switch. The cabling has been replaced with cat 6. We have tried this with all antivirus products removed. It takes anywhere from 50 seconds to over a minute to open files from the server. These are fairly large files. Is that time normal or should it be much faster? And if it should be faster is there anything we can do to speed this up?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: gstaver45331

large is relative.. but the best test is to copy the whole assembly/part files,etc.. to the local machine and see how much faster (if any) it is when all files are on the local versus working over a network.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
helmut.backs
in reply to: gstaver45331

We face a similar problem while opening assemblies from the network. It takes more than two times longer to open the same assembly with new client hardware running Windows 7 64-Bit and Inventor 2010 64-Bit versus the old client hardware running WindowsXP 32-Bit with Inventor 2010 32-Bit. The file server is running Windows Server 2003.

Is there anyone who has an idea/solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report