Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2010 import dwg issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bigfilsing
243 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2010 import dwg issue

Hi all.

For over a year i have been using dwg import quite succesfully ( most recently about 3 weeks ago) now all of a sudden it doesnt work.

I have tried the option to "open" then select import under "options" but literally nothing happens. The open window closes and its finished. Doesnt even  open the import options window.

I tried to import by clicking "Insert" ACAD on the sketch ribbon bar ...same result 

I thought it may have been the dwg i was tryng to import so i created a simple dwg to try . Still no luck 

Im using Inventor 2010 Pro on a Win7 64 bit PC 

All help appreciatted 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mike.Wohletz
in reply to: bigfilsing

Are you able to open the file with DWGTrue View? if so have you recently updated DWGTrue View to a newer version? This is what Inventor uses to translate AutoCAD DWG files so it is important that it is working and I would try to keep the versions the same if possible. 

Message 3 of 4
bigfilsing
in reply to: Mike.Wohletz

Hi Mike thanks for the quick reply

I havent used DWG True view for a while and certainly havent updated it.

I will try some thing out later and report back

I have updated Inventor 2010 all the way to SP4 and thinking back the issues may have arrived since the update from SP3 to SP4.

Ill get back to you

Regards

Phil  

Message 4 of 4
bigfilsing
in reply to: bigfilsing

Well what do you know . i opened the dwg in true view and it worked fine. Then went back and tried again in Inventor.

Now all of a sudden it works .!!

Thanks for the direction Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report