Inventor General

greentree31
Message 1 of 3 (1,239 Views)

Inventor 2009 not opening after windows 7 update

1239 Views, 2 Replies
02-15-2011 02:16 PM

I had updates for windows 7, so I installed them. Next day Inventor 2009 didn't open. I've re-installed and repaired (3-times each), uninstalled (2 times) then installed from cds (2 times). Still getting same message (see screen print attachments)

One attachment is the first message that it cannot open.

the second attachment is the debug message, which I don't understand.

I also did the "troubleshoot compatability", and it still doesn't work.

our IT guy can't figure it out either. I don't know what other information you need from me in order to tell me what's going on. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm working on a project that I really need to get done and this is preventing me from doing so.

Thank you!

*Pro
Dennis_Jeffrey
Message 2 of 3 (1,227 Views)

Re: Inventor 2009 not opening after windows 7 update

02-15-2011 02:44 PM in reply to: greentree31

I've had some issues with the Windows 7 updates from the past few days. I did a restore point from early last week and things are back to normal. I've turned off automatic updates for now.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Distinguished Contributor
Vlad.Makarov
Message 3 of 3 (1,196 Views)

Re: Inventor 2009 not opening after windows 7 update

02-15-2011 10:32 PM in reply to: greentree31

1.) Fire your IT guy. You should not be allowed to install Windows updates or have admin access. It is ITs job to make sure updates are safe to be deployed. He also has no clue about keeping necessary backups. He could have easily had you back up & running by re-imaging the PC from a backup.

2.) Inventor 2009 is not supported on Windows 7. It doesn't really matter if you installed it & it worked fine up until this point.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube