Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2009 Content Center Problem?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bryan.drummond
734 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor 2009 Content Center Problem?

I'm new to Inventor only been using it a couple of months. I've been tasked with solving a problem with Content Center 2009. When ever we try to insert a custom bolt or nut (only parts with threads) into an assembly we get a "Unable to create component" error. I am wonder if anyone has encountered this error before and if you have, how to fix it without having to remake all of the parts over?
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: bryan.drummond

Usually means that ADMS is not running. You did not specify
whether the CC is local or on a server.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified
Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified
Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3,
AIP 2009-SP1 PcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB

XP Pro SP3, Windows XP Silver Theme

href="http://teknigroup.com">http://teknigroup.com
Message 3 of 13

The CC is running on a server. From what I understand the parts where created by modifing then renaming existing bolts or nuts, apparently the parts did work in the 2008 version but when they switched over to Inventor 2009 and tried to update the parts thats when they stopped working. I am not entirely sure how to, or weather I have access the ADMS.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Your vault/ADMS client on your system must be properly
installed in order to connect to the server.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified
Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified
Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr. Tel. (260) 399-6615
AIP 2008 SP3,
AIP 2009-SP1 PcCillin AV
AMD 64 x2 3.0 Ghz, 8GB RAM GeForce 9800GT 512MB

XP Pro SP3, Windows XP Silver Theme

href="http://teknigroup.com">http://teknigroup.com
Message 5 of 13

Hello,

From your words, it seems a library migration issue. Would you please send us your library if convenient? Feel free to contact me( email: Jessicazhanxia.Yan@autodesk.com).Thanks and Regards.

Jessica Yan
Inventor Quality Assurance.
Message 6 of 13
Mark_Ganz

Bryan did you get any resolution to this problem?

I have a similiar issue..except mine adds to your.

We have been using Inventor 2009 for about a year....no problems with CC. Now on certain computers when they try and place fasteners from CC (that are still linked to ANSI or ISO ones) they get the "Cannot Create Component Error"....what makes it so unusual is:

1. They worked several several weeks ago

2. They work on other computers

3. One size of HH bolt will work (example 1" Dia x 2" Long) but 1" Dia x 2.5" Long wont.

The only difference right now is SP2...on troubled computer (even though it has been a intermitent problem on SP1)

We have 1 project file company wide, use Vault 2009, and our project file has a CC directory locally on each computer. I tried checking everything in and deleting local CC then getting entire folder from Vault...same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Message 7 of 13
eriker

I have the sameproblem but only one of the CC Families are affected and only on one computer. I'm able to insert bolts and threaded fittings from all my CC-families but ISO 4017. Just a couple of days ago everything worked just fine!!

My workaround are to create the bolt on another computer, check it into the Vault and then insert it from content center on my computer. When the component exist in Vault there are no problem.

We do have CC installed at a server, and we are using Inventor Pro 2009 SP2. All files are stored in a server based Vault, and we do have a local working folder.
Message 8 of 13

Hi Mark_Ganz and eriker,

Would you please send us the dataset for checking? You could copy the problematic families to an empty library, zip the libarry and send it to me(my email: Jessicazhanxia.Yan@autodesk.com). Thanks.

Jessica Yan(Autodesk)
Message 9 of 13
eriker

I did some changes in our Content Center today, added some new materials in the ISO4017 family and adjusted the filnames, suddenly I may create/import new parts from CC with my own user.

I don't have any clue what did the difference but by now everything works just fine.

Regards
Erik Eriksen
Message 10 of 13
Mark_Ganz

Erik,

That is sweet...but dont hold your breath since you know how quickly things change. ha

I am still having problems...but the unique thing is the one CC category I am having the most problems with is the one I have linked to ISO4017 (copied it and added our part numbers and descriptions).

At least its a good way to start a Friday.

Mark
Message 11 of 13
Mark_Ganz

Jessica,

I will email you one today.

Not sure if its normal but also look at header or column titles...some changed to having % signs in front of them (Filename). They still worked (in most cases-that happened when we went to 2009).

Thanks
Message 12 of 13

Hi Mark Ganz,

It seems library migration problem in SP2. I've replied your email for the dataset. Thanks for the patience.

Regards,
Jessica Yan(Autodesk)
Message 13 of 13

Hi Mark,

We find the root reason for the “Unable to create component” issue: the table column TOA(Thread Open Angle) didn’t have unit.
In order to resolve the problem, it needs you to edit it manually:
- Open CC Editor
- Open family table of the problematic family
- Open Column Properties dialog for TOA
- Set the Unit as “deg”

Hope this could help you to fix the issue. Please let me know if there is any problem. Thank you.

Jessica Yan(Autodesk)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report