Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2008 start up Error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pmorisetty
771 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2008 start up Error

Hello,

I am having problem while opening the inventor 2008 software. It says A software problem has caused Autodesk Inventor to close unexpectedly. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Error Report says,

1. Operating System name and version.

2. Product name and version.

3. Graphics configuration driver name and version.

4. Applications that were loaded when the error occurred.

5. Active command when the error occurred.

6. computer name (if enabled via the deployment wizard or the CAD Manager Control utility)

I tried to update the windows and still I am having this problem.

Please help me out to fix this issue ASAP.

Thanks ...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: pmorisetty

Operating system and machine spec's would help us as well.

Is this an existing system and the problem just starting or a new installation that has failed to run after installation?

And please don't say that it's a black box with silver trim.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
pmorisetty
in reply to: blair

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. This is an exisiting system where we are using it for a while ago. The problem started yesterday and I dont know how to fix this.

Message 4 of 8
blair

Try doing a "Repair", install your Autodesk Inventor set-up disc #1 and follow the instructions.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 8
pmorisetty
in reply to: blair

Okie Let me try ... Thanks for your support.

Message 6 of 8
kwbowman

I have two labs of 30+ PCs, many are running Autodesk inventor.  We've encountered a situation where the app fails on launch.  We believe it's tied to the user more than broken software.

1 - user-a logs in and app fails.  logs into anothe PC, same issue.  Logs into PC c or d and results are the same.

2 - user-b logs into same PCs as user-a and app works.

Created new user account (network).  Initially TestUser worked (on several PCs) but now it does not.  Still able to log into same PC as TestUser (with different credentials) and app launches.  The App produces an xml and a dmp file however the dmp file is uncomprehesible and the xml file doesnt make sence.

Can you provide any assistance on this issue?

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
blair

Definitely sounds like a user Profile issue. Possibly the existing user profile is still in a cache on the server that is giving you problem.

I would try a new user profile with a different name and not just delete the profile and re-create with the same user name.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
kwbowman

Yes, creating a new user account and allowing it to create a new profile would result in that user being able to log in succesfully.  But, I cannot do that for 600 students.  Nor can I continually use that approach if it breaks again.  The current "test" account,used to work, now it doesnt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report