Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2008 - edit dim lines and centerlines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mollymacd
1156 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2008 - edit dim lines and centerlines

Hi,

I am new to Inventor after using Unigraphics for a while and finding the modelling side very similar so no problems there. the problems are starting when i am producing drawings.

Anybody out there know how to solve my 2 biggest problems?

I am trying to manually break a dimension extension line around an inserted sybol ( surface finish symbol) and can't figure this out. I have noticed that Inventor automatically break dimensions round other dimensions but is there a way to add a manual break?

Also is there a way to break a centerline round dimension text? i have added a picture with the problem to help understand what I need. many thanks in anticipation.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
coreyparks
in reply to: mollymacd

Sorry to say but you'll have to live with it.  Inventor only breaks dims around the text in finish marks not around the symbol itself.  There is also no way to break a center line.  You will have to shift the text to one side or the other if possible.  Some of these types of things can get rather frustrating I will agree but I am used to it after 9 years or so of working with Inventor.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 6
mollymacd
in reply to: coreyparks

thanks for the reply - another quickie - we are just about to upgrade to Inventor 2010, do you know if these issues have been addressed/

Message 4 of 6
coreyparks

I am currently running 2010 and 2011 and I see the same issues you do in 2008.  Maybe 2012? 

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 6
mollymacd
in reply to: coreyparks

fingers crossed!!!!

Message 6 of 6
KFrankenberger

I'm using Inventor 2011 and I can't figure out how to set my dimension settings so it breaks the dimension extension lines automatically when crossing over other extension lines.  I saw you mentioned Inventor 2008 does this automatically in your blog. Can you explain how you have yours set and/or tell me how to set mine?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report