Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2008: Content Center Log in troubles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
268 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2008: Content Center Log in troubles

I've read through many threads on this site about the content center but I haven't really seen a solution for my situation:

I have copied the content center over to a remote server for about 7 of us to access. This way everyone sees the latest and greatest changes. Most of us can use it just fine, but I've got one user who can't log on. I know the default username is administrator and there is no password. On the server field I have "localhost" selected, and the data base field I have "Vault". On my computer it works ok, but on his it gives me a "Log in" window that states "Autodesk Inventor 2008 could not find the data management services on localhost". How can I fix this?

I've been through this on my computer once, rebooted, and has worked fine since. I tried the same for his computer and I didn't work and I know that all of my defaults are correct.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RonnieWilkins
in reply to: Anonymous

"I have copied the content center over to a remote server "

What exactly did you copy?

If the Content Center is on another server, you will not be able to login to it on a client workstation with 'localhost'. Localhost is a shortcut that always resolves to the machine you are currently working at. It will never resolve to the server.

You will need to know the server computer name and will need to specify this for all clients.

However, if this doesn't work, you might have to specify the IP Address of the server. I ran into this one last week. Of course this only works if the server has a static ip. If your not sure, contact your network administrator as this means something is wrong with your DNS server.
Ronnie Wilkins, Jr.
Message 3 of 3
Michal_Hrcka_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like the computer cannot access the server machine. Look into firewall settings of the server machine whether the restriction for that computer is not set.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report