Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 11

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
677 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 11

My company doesn't seem they are going to upgrade to INV 2010 as of yet due to a downturn in the economy and lack of sales. Also cancelled our subscription with INV11. My delima here is they bought new computers and they are running Windows 7. With that being said. I downgraded a beast of a system back down to Windows XP so I can run INV11. I re-installed INV11 and now I can't get some of the style libraries to show up. I have two questions. Is there a way at all to get INV11 to run on Windows 7?? And what do I need to do to get my libraries back?? All I see is color, lighting and material. I need some help ASAP please.

Thanks,
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

ummm.. all you should see is "color,lighting, and material" when in a part or assembly..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

ok...im smoking crack on that one...sorry

Here is my problem.

I have an ipt w/ extruded text in Tohoma font.

I edit the text and it disappears. If I try to add text nothing. Only had this problem since I resinstalled and put all the service packs on. Didn't do this before.

Thanks
Message 4 of 12
mcgyvr

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9229921&linkID=9242019

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

yep....knew about that one....already patched.

ughhh

this sucks
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Looks like an upgrade will be unavoidable.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Attend the "It's a Duesy II " Manufacturing Revival Conference
March 17th, 2010 More Information at:
http://teknigroup.com

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
htttp://teknigroup.com
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Explain that to the "board" when our sales are off 50% We will have to upgrade 4 seats. Now I just need a fix for this text thing so I can at least function until an upgrade.
Message 8 of 12
robmatthews

Surely non-working software is a good reason to upgrade?

You either can't do your job with the tools that they provide, hence leading to 0% sales, or they upgrade?
=============================================
This is my signature, not part of my post.
Message 9 of 12
robmatthews

That being said, we're still using IV v9 (not 2009!), and have had subscription the whole time... Go figure.
=============================================
This is my signature, not part of my post.
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Yeah I know....constant headache.

What are some pointers from you guys to tell them that upgrading must happen.

So I can type up a proposal...again.

Thanks.
Message 11 of 12
AIP11_2006

GOing back to the original post, is there a way at all to get INV11 to run on Windows 7?

I purchased my Inventor 11 license in 2006 and have recently upgraded to Windows 7. I have spent searching on the web and the Autodesk website, but got mixed answers about the compatibility of Inventor 11 with Windows 7.

Message 12 of 12
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: AIP11_2006

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Reading-Inventor-10-files-in-Inventor-11/m-p/2835305...

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report