Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 10 Update

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Myoula
292 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 10 Update

Is there any sort of "Live Update" tool that Comes w/ Inventor 10 series? I have been to the "downloads" page at Autodesk site for Inventor 10, and have already installed sp3a, and a couple of the hotfixes (1054780 & 1057155) - I was trying to follow the dates and hotfix numbers in an effort to bring my product completely up to date, but now Inventor does not seem to be working correctly - I suspect that I did something in the wrong order. How can I know that my product is completely up-to-date, and is it possible to get a sequential list of SP's and Hotfixes so I know what order I'm supposed to install? I have also tried "repair" from the installation disk, but after "gathering all required information", nothing happens.
Thanks for any and all help,
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Myoula

Inv has an update notification system called Communication Centre - bottom right hand corner icon - that isn't quite a quick as a
speeding carrier pigeon. Adsk are aware of this and will be improving things - I think they're going to feed it genetically modified
breadcrumbs [vbg]

Service Packs should be installed incrementally, ie. one on top of the other.

Hotfixes should only be installed if you're suffering from the problem described. Whilst they're are tested in a variety of
circumstances they aren't "fully tested".

It's very hard to recommend a course of action, I'd suggest removing the Hotfixes first. But more info is needed about the
installation freezing etc.

Do you have Flash 8a ?

--
Duncan
"Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad
as what passes for ordinary living."
(Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002)
www.autodesk.co.uk/inventorjobs

wrote in message news:5218147@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is there any sort of "Live Update" tool that Comes w/ Inventor 10 series? I have been to the "downloads" page at Autodesk site for
Inventor 10, and have already installed sp3a, and a couple of the hotfixes (1054780 & 1057155) - I was trying to follow the dates
and hotfix numbers in an effort to bring my product completely up to date, but now Inventor does not seem to be working correctly -
I suspect that I did something in the wrong order. How can I know that my product is completely up-to-date, and is it possible to
get a sequential list of SP's and Hotfixes so I know what order I'm supposed to install? I have also tried "repair" from the
installation disk, but after "gathering all required information", nothing happens.
Thanks for any and all help,
Mike
Message 3 of 4
bensy2

Hi

How can I update me autocad mechanical 2006 that I have with my inventor 10?

Thanks

Yoav

Message 4 of 4
blair

O/S version as well?

Inventor 10 or Inventor 2010?

If Inventor 10, and you are trying to run on Vista or Win7, you need at least Inventor 2009.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report