Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid thread data table Error Message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1963 Views, 4 Replies

Invalid thread data table Error Message

I recently installed Inventor Premium 2012 and I am not able to make a bolted connection or creat a tapped hole. I get this error message: Invalid thread data table. Please check Thread.xls file." What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Paul-Mason
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you Install the hotfixes and/or the service packs click this link Autodesk Inventor Services & Support  make sure you get the right issue of inventor from the list

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 3 of 5
dave.anderson

This could be due to a few different things. First, Open Excel (2003 and up), and open the thread.xls file from the path defined in your active Inventor project file. The default path would be C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Design Data, but your's may be different.

If your path is different, they setting it to that path and see if it works. If there's a chance the file was modified or brought forward from a different Inventor version, it may not be formatted correctly.

Here's a link to the subject in wikihelp

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0308-Parts308/0353-Part_fea353/0...

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.anderson

Thank your for your recommendation. It tried it but it was unsuccessful. Thanks, Bill Leonhardt Project Engineer TAMKO Building Products Inc. 7910 S. Central Expwy. Dallas, TX 75216 Phone: 214-371-0813 ext. 205 Fax: 214-372-9838 email: William_Leonhardt@tamko.com Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email belongs to the sender, is confidential and may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately delete and destroy all copies of the original email and its attachments, and notify the sender. Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email belongs to the sender, is confidential and may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately delete and destroy all copies of the original email and its attachments, and notify the sender.
Message 5 of 5
neurobox

Fortunately the solution could be as exceedingly simple as the problem. Just now I stumbled across this gem:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/cannot-create-or-edit-thread-features-or-t...

This "UseExcelToReadThreadFile" registry correction needs to be spread about to the various places where this error is discussed, or even publicly endorsed by Autodesk. This error haunted me for months, even my content center threaded parts had the tiniest of ID's, useless for detail drawings. There are too many places where the solution is to reinstall, especially given that I have seen this issue right out of the box.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report