Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Argument

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
erbrown
251 Views, 6 Replies

Invalid Argument

I get an invalid argument error message when closing a large .iam file. Any suggestions? Is the a way to recover a file? I have tried rebuild all and problem still occurs.

Rocky Brown
Aluminum Ladder Co.
erb@carbis.net
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
erbrown
in reply to: erbrown

Oops..sorry...I'm on IV9, sp1.

Rocky Brown
Aluminum Ladder Co.
erb@carbis.net
Message 3 of 7
erbrown

Anybody got any suggestions?

Rocky Brown
Aluminum Ladder Co.
erb@carbis.net
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Do you have a saved version in the "OldVersions" folder that will open and save? How large is the assembly? What sort of operations have you done in the model since it last saved? -- Autodesk, Inc 7995 SW Mohawk Tualatin, OR 97062 503-692-8339 gary.r.smith@autodesk.com
Message 5 of 7
erbrown

done that. I back up this project once a week on CD. I can't find where it originated. And I can't go back too far without losing my changes / additions to project. AutoCAD has a file recover. Is there something like that for IV9?

Rocky Brown
Aluminum Ladder Co.
erb@carbis.net
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Recovery is the intended purpose of the "Old Versions" - you should be able to get back to a good state from the last saved version - in theory you'd only lose a day. Have you tried to "restore" a version of the assembly from the Old Version folder?
Message 7 of 7
erbrown

True, I agree. But what happens when an error occurs, lets say 10 days ago, and the old version has been overwritten three times. The error actually occurs during that time. If work is backed up to another source, do you lose 10 days of work?. Just food for thought.

Rocky Brown
Aluminum Ladder Co.
erb@carbis.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums