Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inv9sp1 & V3 --> Checkout from Vault and whacked ! ! !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
130 Views, 5 Replies

Inv9sp1 & V3 --> Checkout from Vault and whacked ! ! !

I've just tried to Check Out a file from Vault using the Inventor interface - I've get V. E. to do it tomorrow - and I'm consistently getting the attached M$VC++ Error Message. It looks as if Inv had downloaded all the files from Vault and is in the process of opening the file I've Checked out. This is definitely an Inventor problem, see attached. HELP ! ! ! Duncan -- P4, 1.9 GHz 1 Gb RAM, 2 Gb page Win X/P sp2 AIS 9 sp1 + hotfixes Vault 3 Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 (Bios 4.17.00.61.00) (Drv. 6.1.7.7) -- "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Duncan

try doing a repair install on the client vault. that may help. Also, I am not sure if vault is affected by the winxp sp2 problem that IV is but if it is a lot of people say they get success by just leaving the install alone and it will finish properly (takes a long time though)

- ed -
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

- ed - If you look at the M$VC++ error message, you'll see it's 'inventor.exe' that's involved, not the Vault client - can't remember the name of the exe file. Duncan @home -- "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) "ed_nelson" wrote in message news:1232260.1100198136346.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Duncan > > try doing a repair install on the client vault. that may help. Also, I am not sure if vault is affected by the winxp sp2 problem that IV is but if it is a lot of people say they get success by just leaving the install alone and it will finish properly (takes a long time though) > > - ed -
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

a whacked install of vault can cause iv to die. I know from experience.

good luck

- ed -
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Duncan,

I encountered the same problem and asked assistance from vault discussion group. pls. visit the link...

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=367340

thanks and regards,
Jerome
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Jerome, Thanks for the suggestion, but I already had Vault open through Inventor and was in the process of Opening from Vault. I've since got Vault to Check Out the file then opened it with Inv9sp1. The file was 27Mb IDW (?) I've managed to do what I want to do and Checked it back In. Hopefully I won't have to touch it for a long time. Duncan @home -- "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) "Jerome" wrote in message news:9628104.1100241453084.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Duncan, > > I encountered the same problem and asked assistance from vault discussion group. pls. visit the link... > > http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=367340 > > thanks and regards, > Jerome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report