Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce myself ..

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
mdavis22569
614 Views, 12 Replies

Introduce myself ..

Since I'm been posting a lot on here ... figured I should at least introduce myself My name is Michael Davis ...Originally from Metro Detroit area ... I currently work in Charlotte NC.. Brought down to set up their Inventor and Vault and never left I've been working with Autodesk Products since the early 90's. Worked for one of the larger Resellers for a bit when they tried to come to Detroit .. Then worked for Autodesk doing Global Support (early 2000) Been working on Inventor ever since ... just quietly watching the boards...but now have more free time to help out others and get help on areas I need help with. I see there are quite a few that help a lot on here ... that's awesome ..hopefully I'll get to that level of helping.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

not sure if people do introduce themselves ...so excuse this post if not

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
JDMather

Welcome aboard, help more help is always appreciated.

(Just don't ask how to model a pipe cap.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 13

Welcome to the forum Michael! Smiley Happy

If you happen to get a chance, please take a moment to explain to JDMather how to model a pipe cap. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 13
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum Michael.  Nice to have you hear.

Feel free to chime in anytime.

Just in case you do want to model a pipe cap here is a picture of one along with the dimensions. Smiley LOL

cap.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 13
graemev
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

Welcome to the forum Michael.  Nice to have you hear.

Feel free to chime in anytime.

Just in case you do want to model a pipe cap here is a picture of one along with the dimensions. Smiley LOL

In Canada we call those a pipe toque, eh.

Message 7 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: graemev

Thank you for the welcomes ... I've been on here over the years ..just kept forgetting which name I used ... so I'd make a new one. Over and over and over .... Now I have it on a sticky in my office. I'm sure there is a good joke in the pipe cap ....

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
karthur1

Not sure that I have seen a intro here before, but I have on other AD forums (Fusion 360).

Welcome to the forum.

Kirk

Message 9 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: karthur1

I thought I'd give it a shot ... I see a quite a few people who are the majority that answer the issues.... Then some newbie comes in and some who might not know me are like ..who's this guy ... He's been on here since 2005 but nothing ... Generally I see those that answer the majority of the questions also talk to each other ... and since I will have more time to help ..I figured I'd just put myself out there to those that actually come here often. Plus I get a chance to talk to those that are the ones generally helping ..in a post that's not a hi-jack of an actual problem.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
JavaLodge

I'm really interested in hearing about what the deal is with the pipe cap... 🙂

I have seen many introduction threads like this one in other forums, but not here.  They are usually stickied so that anyone can read them at any time the mood strikes them.  Good to have you here, Michael.

I noticed your introduction is actually longer than your profile's bio, might consider adding a bit to it. 🙂

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 12 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: -niels-

I added a little bit more this morning ... Not sure what all to put in it ... But I am doing what I hoped and making contact with the ones that are usually on here and answering all the questions .. Kinda feels good to be on here more often .. people could learn a lot if they read most of the questions and the solutions (IMO)

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
-niels-

Nice bit of info, had to look up that Z28.
Seems like quite the muscle car, but that's more of a 'Break room' topic.

And yeah, this place is a wellspring of knowledge with loads of friendly helpful people.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report