Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal spur gear not linking/rotating but sliding!

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
tarkoger
1963 Views, 21 Replies

Internal spur gear not linking/rotating but sliding!

Dear professionals!

I've browsed internet, viewed tutorials, read the forums for several days and I cannot figure out how can internal gear (smaller one) be constrained in a way that if motor shaft rotates - gears still link to each other.

Current situation:

A: if I drag motor shaft - internal gear planes remain parallel to original planes - it's just sliding not rotating inside external gear - motion rotational constraint isn't working!

B: and if I drag internal gear, it somehow links to external gear, but it's unpredictable. 

Thank you in advance!

Software: Inventor 2013. Files attached.

missing helical gear constrain.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
rdyson
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Walter, in mouse pos rep, does the gear stay in mesh if you drag the motor shaft instead of the gear?

PDSU 2016
Message 22 of 22
WHolzwarth
in reply to: rdyson

Good evening, Ray.

- With test-WH.iam and PosRep By Mouse: Small gear moves ok if grabbed directly. No teeth matching, if motor shaft link.ipt is moved

- With test_RD.iam and PosRep Mouse: Small gear moves ok, if motor shaft link.ipt is moved. No teeth matching, if small gear is grabbed

I've seen similar behavior and made additional tests in one of the latest betas, but I didn't make an entry in Idea Station.

😉 Well, therefore no Kudos can be given for an improvement. There's a good chance for seeing no change within some next coming years.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report