Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Extreme integrated graphics chip set

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
ananag
528 Views, 12 Replies

Intel Extreme integrated graphics chip set

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a Dell Inspiron 1150. I need it for CAD and CAM work. I found that it used a Intel Extreme integrated graphics chip set. I am wondering if Inventor 9.0 will be able to run on this pseudo graphics card. Thank you for your help.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ananag

I don't think you'd want to run with it. That would slow down your over all performance with inventor "ananag" wrote in message news:25806829.1110390661950.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello, > > I am thinking about buying a Dell Inspiron 1150. I need it for CAD and CAM > work. I found that it used a Intel Extreme integrated graphics chip set. I > am wondering if Inventor 9.0 will be able to run on this pseudo graphics > card. Thank you for your help.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Integrated Graphics = large volumes of swear words coming out of your mouth -- Sean Dotson, PE (AICE) RND Automation & Engineering www.sdotson.com www.mcadforums.com "ananag" wrote in message news:25806829.1110390661950.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello, > > I am thinking about buying a Dell Inspiron 1150. I need it for CAD and CAM work. I found that it used a Intel Extreme integrated graphics chip set. I am wondering if Inventor 9.0 will be able to run on this pseudo graphics card. Thank you for your help.
Message 4 of 13
ananag

Would it be able to run at least a little bit? I would just like to use it to view and edit drawing files and such.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

you have a 50/50 shot of it even bringing up an opengl window for inventor. Get an nvidia geforce card, that way if you do need something better later on you can upgrade. "ananag" wrote in message news:30090715.1110402239627.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Would it be able to run at least a little bit? I would just like to use it > to view and edit drawing files and such.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

I've been running IV8 on my home PC with this chipset for about a month. Seems okay on small assemblies, parts and drawings, but haven't dealt with any large assemblies on it.

I had to tell IV to use the Generic OpenGL driver.

-Paul Cunningham
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

On my older (PIII 1.2 GHz) laptop with the intel graphics, I had to download new drivers from intel's website. If I remember correctly, they had some specific ones for OpenGL applications. It fixed all sorts of display issues with IV8. --Brian "pcunningham1" wrote in message news:2531671.1110403555138.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I've been running IV8 on my home PC with this chipset for about a month. Seems okay on small assemblies, parts and drawings, but haven't dealt with any large assemblies on it. > > I had to tell IV to use the Generic OpenGL driver. > > -Paul Cunningham
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Don't buy it. I don't really use Inventor at home, and this is the reason why. It is a DOG!!! Like another repley said, at least get the geforce card so that you can upgrade if need be. "Sean Dotson" wrote in message news:422f494a$1_3@newsprd01... > Integrated Graphics = large volumes of swear words coming out of your mouth > > -- > Sean Dotson, PE (AICE) > RND Automation & Engineering > www.sdotson.com > www.mcadforums.com > > > "ananag" wrote in message > news:25806829.1110390661950.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> Hello, >> >> I am thinking about buying a Dell Inspiron 1150. I need it for CAD and CAM > work. I found that it used a Intel Extreme integrated graphics chip set. I > am wondering if Inventor 9.0 will be able to run on this pseudo graphics > card. Thank you for your help. > >
Message 9 of 13
ananag

How did Inventor 8 run on that set up after all the new drivers were installed? I am very tempted to buy this laptop as I am getting a great deal on it. I am a high school senior and I need a good lap top for college.
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Isn't running a real graphic card with a mother board with integrated graphic on board iffy at best? K Johnson
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

If you go into the BIOS setup and disable the on-board video you shouldn't have any problems.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Ok. Thanks. K Johnson
Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

As long as you use less than 5 windows at a time (i.e. 5 seperate parts open, or 3 parts and 2 other application windows), it runs fine. I can open the engine.iam sample assembly just fine. Anything larger would really be straining it. If you are looking for an affordable good laptop, get something with the Geforce chipset...I think you will be happier in the end. Also get at least 512 mb ram minimum. --Brian "ananag" wrote in message news:23884186.1110417502187.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > How did Inventor 8 run on that set up after all the new drivers were installed? I am very tempted to buy this laptop as I am getting a great deal on it. I am a high school senior and I need a good lap top for college.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report