Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 'Other' library in Content Centre

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
patrol_maverick
1742 Views, 5 Replies

Installing 'Other' library in Content Centre

Can someone please tell me how I can install the 'Other' library content into the Content Centre?

I need the Australian Standards content but I was unaware that it didn't install automatically when I installed Inventor software, and from what I've read it's contained in the 'Other' library which I was also unaware you needed to install.

How can I solve the problem without uninstalling/ reinstalling? I'm using the downloaded Student version.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You need to rerun the original installer. Then on the Dialog box that comes up showing you what you already have installed, you can expand the Content Center Libraries, & select the "Other" library to install.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6

Easy fix. Thankyou.

Message 4 of 6
tedxzy
in reply to: patrol_maverick

Hi Chris,

I think when I want to install other library, it tells me I have to install Vault Client and other stuff. Can I install other library only?

Thank you,

Ted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 SP1.1 64-Bit
Vista Business 64-Bit
E8400, 8GB, ATI FireGL V5600
Message 5 of 6

I to need to load the "other" library. I have both the AI2016_Inventor OTHER.idcl / .idz files files installed but the "Inventor OTHER" library will not load into content center. Help please!!!

thanks

Inventor 2017, AutoCAD LT 2017
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 @ 3.6 GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 560
Message 6 of 6

@RossSapienza

If I follow you right..  Just place the Inventor other content center library file (.idcl) in the same location as your other .idcl files.  No need to install anything else.  Next (without any files opened in Inventor)..  Access your active project file and select the content center manage icon (lower right hand corner) and check to make sure that library is checked for use.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report