Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Content Center Failed

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jeepguy42
402 Views, 1 Reply

Installing Content Center Failed

I've read that the Error 1603 is just a windows error saying that installation failed. I'm trying to figure out why I cant get the content Center to install. I already have Autodesk Inventor 2011 installed on my machine and for whatever reason I accidently unchecked the install content center (this was some time ago). When I go back into the install and try to run it it doesn't work. now I dont have the DVD's but I copied the DVD files to my Computer onto a back-up hard drive. The DVD's have been since packed away. is the content center failing cause I'm running the setup from the Disk1zip and the content center Files are on Disk7zip or is something else interfereing with my install?

I have shut off the virus scanner and firewall so they aren't an issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ampster401
in reply to: Jeepguy42

the solution I'm providing was originally provided from the late Dennis Jeffery on a website that was his own personal company and I'm assuming since that company still has another link still available on the internet providing that same file that this is allowed.

for 2011, might be easier to download the file named "AI2011 Desktop Content.zip" from

http://www.design-excellence.com/ftp/files/

and install those files in the correct folder to enable the CC in 2011.

Admin or anyone else, if there's a problem with suggesting this please advise or delete my response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report