Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Autodesk inventor 2011 on 2nd computer...drawings open slowly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
craig_s
419 Views, 6 Replies

Installed Autodesk inventor 2011 on 2nd computer...drawings open slowly

I recently installed Autodesk Inventor 2011 on a new computer as the current computer is being retired.  Installation and activation went fine.  Matched the settings in Autodesk from the old computer to the new computer.  Yet when user try's to open a dwg file (from a network location), it takes over a minute to open.  As a test, I connected and started up the old computer and suddenly the new computer opens the same dwg file in a second or two.  Is there a file conversion I missed?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
4donwan4
in reply to: craig_s

I would try copying the file locally to see if it opens quicker. Possibly try updating the video card driver that is on that particular system. Verify below with this link.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112
Updating the video card may help. Also try clean uninstall located below, then log onto to system as the local administrator account, disable any anti – virus software that might be running in the back ground as the active file scanning can cause install corruption.
Uninstall Inventor TS14893355 http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14893355

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 7
JDMather

Are you using Vault? Projects (*.ipj)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
craig_s

Yes that Video card is using the current driver.  Norton was disabled when I did the install.  If a drawing is copied to the desktop of the new computer, it does open a little quicker (takes only 30 seconds instead of 1min +). 

I can try the removal and reinstall, but, it just seems like there is a file association path that needs to be converted. 

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
craig_s
in reply to: JDMather

Not using Vault but Projets are being used.

Message 6 of 7
stevec781

Have you remembered to set it to trusted in your virus scanner?  Maybe its scanning the file as its opening.

Message 7 of 7
craig_s
in reply to: stevec781

I will check that....better that than having to reinstall everything!  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report