Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert object optiopns

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cityjack
268 Views, 2 Replies

Insert object optiopns

other users in my group NOT running Windows 7 have more "insert object" choices than I do.  For one they have the option to import an excel file.  I have to browse to it.  Nevertheless it doesn't insert the excel file anyway when I browse to it either.  Abny help here with inserting a pdf file or excel file would be greatly appreciated.  This Inventor stuff is beginning to get to me.

Sid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: cityjack

First I find it much easier with excel tables to simply copy the rows/cells in excel then use "paste special" in Inventor. Paste special is under the tools section in the ribbon.

PDF files I use insert object then select "create from file" then browse to my pdf then check the "link" button and make sure "display as icon" is unchecked...

Now here is teh bug in Inventor..sometimes when using paste special and insert object it seems that its not working.. But what you need to do is find the file in your model browser of Inventor and turn the visibility on.. Don't know why it happens but sometimes it comes in Invisible making you think it didn't work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
cityjack
in reply to: mcgyvr

This a blank drw file so there is no model to find or make visible for the pdf option.  When I do the pics as you suggested I get "A document server is not available for the given file".  "The file will be imbedded instead of linked"  I hit ok and then get "Could not insert object".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks for reply too.

Sid 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report