Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Image in Template (.idw)

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
jyothissurendran
2593 Views, 15 Replies

Insert Image in Template (.idw)

Hi,

I need to make a Template.idw file with my company logo. and i did that by using insert image options. Then i saved it as template file and when i try to use that tempate file for new drawing, it shows a message that the reference file path is not the part of active project. So there is any option availabe like copy the image and paste in template in place of insert image with link option ??????

waiting for a reply.....

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Cadmanto
in reply to: jyothissurendran

Jyothis,

I would try this command under the "Manage" tab.

object.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 16
swhite

You need to move your logo into your inventor project path, then insert it. I believe the Image may do what you want, but it must be a bitmnapp image

Image.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 4 of 16
jyothissurendran
in reply to: swhite

i have tried both options. but the same error coming...

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 5 of 16
jyothissurendran
in reply to: Cadmanto

Any option available like copy and paste to avoid the link...???

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 6 of 16
Cadmanto

What file format is your image save as?  I use .png and it works fine.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 16
jyothissurendran

i am able to insert bmp only. no other options are available. i am using inventor pro suit 2010

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 8 of 16
Cadmanto

I am not sure why you can't save your image as any other format other then .bmp

If you have Windows 7 there is a tool called the snipping tool under the "Accessories" folder that looks like this.

SNIP.PNG This allows you to save images as either .png, giff or jpg

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 16
jyothissurendran

I can save the image to any other format.But the problem is when i use insert image option in inventor and when it is asking to browse the file it will accept only the *.bmp format. there is no other options available in file format.Don't  know whether its a setting problem in my inventor or not .

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 10 of 16
Cadmanto

When you go to Insert>Object and select below,

BROWSE1.PNG

The file type comes up as shown below.

BROWSE.PNG

Which allows all file types.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 16
swhite

just make sure your logo is in your project path and you should have no problems. Make a copy and move it into your project folder and use that image.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 12 of 16
rhasell

Hi

There is a very SIMPLE solution:

When inserting the image, ensure that the "LINK" check box is de-selected.

TIP: Make the image file size as small as possible. (This is an issue with BMP files, I managed to get my Logo to 180KB, other logo's as small as 15KB)

insert image.PNG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 13 of 16
jyothissurendran

I need to insert the image in to title block. So when we go to Edit title block under Drawing Resources > then the sketch tab will be activated > and now in manage tab the insert object option will be deactive. So available option is image > in that the file format we can able to attach is only bmp.

I am doing all these to make a standard template file which will have titleblocks with my company logo and details. so that  i can use it later for all  drawings. now i think you got the real picture ...

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 14 of 16
jyothissurendran
in reply to: rhasell

I tried that option but it shows only bmp image representation not the actual image...?

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 15 of 16
rhasell

What you have done up to date is correct, all you have to do is delete the current image and re-insert it with the LINK option disabled.

There is no issue with the BMP files, Your version of inventor can ONLY insert BMP files, so don't stress.

Not having a working version of your inventor available, I cannot get an exact screen capture of the "Insert, Image option"

There is no "Insert Object etc" if you are doing that then you are doing something wrong.

I say again, what you have done in the begining is correct, just re-do it with the link option disabled..

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 16 of 16
jyothissurendran
in reply to: rhasell

Ok, I will try it again , thanks for your time 

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report