Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect updating of links

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ozitag
195 Views, 0 Replies

Incorrect updating of links

Hi guys,

I created a "ring" in INV which is to be covered in a polyurethane coating with a particular thickness. So I created a mould for creating the coating on the ring which had a couple of parameter links to the "ring". I then checked everything into Vault.

I then did a copy design in Vault for the ring only, so that I could create a slightly different model, but wanted to use the original mould (the thickness of the coating would have increase slightly, which is ok). But for some reason, the mould updated so the linked parameters came from the new ring instead of the old. I didn't notice this as the dimensions were only slightly different, release the drawings for manufacture and then did a copy design again to create another new ring, which had larger dimension changes. I was then that I found that the mould had updated to the new copy again. I then found the released drawings were incorrect (luckily the workshop hadn't got to this job yet).

Why do the links update to the new copy?

It is realy dangerous and not easy to change back.

Anyone else had this same problem?

Regards,

Ozitag

IV 2010
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report