Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include/Exclude pattern in iassembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
swordmaster
271 Views, 3 Replies

Include/Exclude pattern in iassembly

Hi,
I have a strange problem with this iassembly, it has different component patterns which i either exclude or include.
Problem is when i choose to exclude a pattern it does not exclude all elements of the pattern!
The number of elements which are excluded varies.
In the browser it shows the pattern as being excluded however when i expand the pattern only the first few elements are excluded
Any ideas why this is happening?

INV 20009
XP PRO
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: swordmaster

I am not sure why this is happening. Can you please post your dataset or
email it to me (yizhou.cao at autodesk.com)?

Thanks,
--
Yizhou Cao
Autodesk Inventor Development Team
Message 3 of 4

I found a workaround for this issue. Let me take component Brass_nut as the example:
Edit the table and change the value for Row1,Column "Brass_nut:Include/Exclue" from"Exclude" to "Include". Click OK. Then edit the table again, change that value back to "Exclude".
Now the Brass_nut pattern is in correct status.

Would you please try this workaround? please let me know if it's not workable or have other problems.

Thanks for your surpport.
Jessica Yan (Autodesk)
Message 4 of 4
swordmaster
in reply to: swordmaster

Jessica,
Your workaround works up to a certain point..changing the include/exclude status works,however if i save and close the model the original problem re-occurs.
So as a workaround this wont work for me.
FYI I added the number of pattern elements to the table and set the value to 1 when the pattern was to be excluded. This worked ...makes the table rather complicated though

thanks
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report