Just upgraded to IV 2014 and cannot import a dwg into a part file. I click the icon labeled ACAD within the Insert panel, I am able to select which dwg to import b ut after that it seems as if i never clicked the ACAD icon at all. Any suggestions?
Have installed svc pack 1....
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yeah I checked that, it is loaded and working.
I see Windows 8.1 in your signature..
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem...
Why all you nerds had to immediately load 8.1 is beyond me..
I see there is a hot fix for autocad because after 8.1 you can't import anything...wouldnt' be surprised of the same problem isn't effecting Inventor too..
Have you tried to repair install Autocad and Inventor programs after the 8.0 to 8.1 install? just checking..
Others have the same problem.. Seems like 8.1 strikes again..
I'd submit a trouble ticket with autodesk support ASAP
It may be that Inventor is not fully registered with the operating system. Please try the procedure below to correct the situation:
1) Press [Windows] key to open Windows' start page
2) Type "cmd" to find "Command Prompt" > right mouse click on it > select "Run as administrator"
3) On "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type cd "c:\program files\autodesk\Inventor 2014\bin" > Enter
4) Type inventor /install > Enter
5) Wait for 1 min (inventor will be executed background then exit silently)
I tired the linked solution above (did everything as I supposed), but when I type inventor /install it says 'inventor' is notrecognized as an internal or external commad, operable program or batch file.
I'm using an Inventor 2014 student version under Windows 8.1 64bit.
Does somebody know how to fix it?
Post screen shot of you screen at this step.