Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported file has missing lines in IDW

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
464 Views, 4 Replies

Imported file has missing lines in IDW

Got a part from our vendor.  When I place this in an idw, some of the lines are missing.

2013-02-19_0800.png

In the model, there are no surfaces.  None of the solids failed on the import.  No problems appear in the model browser.

First tried turning on Tangent edges in the idw.  No joy there.

When I right click on the view in the idw and select "Include All Surfaces", the edges are shown while the view is computing, but after it computes, the edges are gone again.  The .step file that was sent to me is 10MB and the ipt is 32MB.  If somebody wants the file I can send it to them.

Never seen anything like this before.

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1 (update1)
Vault Basic 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: karthur1

Did the import pass quality check? (green checkmarks in browser)

Did you run through Construction Environement to try to repair?

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2008/ML205-1P%20Mather.pdf

jmather_at_pct_dot_edu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

I see what your saying now.  When I right click on the solid in the model browser and choose "Repair Body", it finds two "Modeling Uncertainties".  The Heal erros fixed one of them, but one is being stubborn.

Can't post the file cause it is over the 1.5mb limit. Cant get it to heal (ref. \\T1M7-0400\142-131-0_1.ipt)

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: karthur1

I have had better success in the Construction Environment rather than the Repair Environment.

I have no idea why Autodesk has not reconciled these two environments.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: JDMather

Still can't get it to repair in either environment.  Inventor has not problem finding the error, but it will not heal it.  I have tried boundary patch and stitch, but I cant get it.  If someone does get this to work, can you tell me what was done, cause I will have to do it to the actual part in my iam.  I imported this part in with the "Multiple Solid Part" option, just so I could upload it.

Here is a link to the file.

http://we.tl/abuMbMHvc2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums