Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported STEP always defaults to radians instead of degrees

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Diequa
8149 Views, 23 Replies

Imported STEP always defaults to radians instead of degrees

I've had this problem since I installed Inventor 2014, I checked all my templates that I use if they were set for radian, but none of them were.  I've screwed around with the application options, couldn't find anything that worked.  I even went as far as resetting all my settings.  Wasted a lot of my time. Would also like it to be kilograms instead of lbmass, which I can't get to switch either, only have gotten the Length to change within the option setting when I open the step file.

So is there any permanent way to make my default step import angle to be degrees and mass be kilogram?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
kelly.young
in reply to: tyas.swinnen

Hello @tyas.swinnen thanks for attaching the image and illustrating the request.

I have forwarded internally, but the best place for enhancements would be to post at Inventor ideas to ensure it gets on development's radar and for others to vote up. 

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 22 of 24
tyas.swinnen
in reply to: kelly.young

In the meantime I have created an idea submission so people can help to get this implemented.

The link to the post:

Choose default units (mass, time, angle) when importing other CAD-files/types

(Thank you all for voting 😉 )

Message 23 of 24
t.cuppen
in reply to: jan_priban1

How do I ad the ILogic Rule to a *.ipt file ?

Thanks in advance !

Message 24 of 24
kelly.young
in reply to: t.cuppen

Hello @t.cuppen you can check out this article for the code:

Imported .STEP parts in Inventor show as Radian instead of Degree

Dim doc = ThisDoc.Document
doc.UnitsOfMeasure.AngleUnits = kDegreeAngleUnits
'MsgBox("Units changed")

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report