Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import bent parts from MDT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
115 Views, 3 Replies

Import bent parts from MDT

Can Inventor import parts created in MDT that were created using the bend command? Brian
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Last time I checked, it couldn't, but I haven't checked in a while. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Brian Putnam" wrote in message news:40f8489a$1_2@newsprd01... > Can Inventor import parts created in MDT that were created using the > bend command? > > Brian >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Brian, This functionality is not available in Inventor R9, but we are considering it for the future. I would like to get your input on this, though. If we were to import the bend feature, the logical place to bring it to would be to the sheet metal environment; however, that environment assumes a uniform thickness. My question is: When you use the bend command in MDT, are you typically assuming uniform thickness of the bent part? Thanks, Joe Doyle "Brian Putnam" wrote in message news:40f8489a$1_2@newsprd01... > Can Inventor import parts created in MDT that were created using the > bend command? > > Brian >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Joe, Not to steal Brian's thunder but I use bend quite a lot in MDT on very non-uniform parts. Ray "Joe Doyle" wrote in message news:40fbda0f_3@newsprd01... > Brian, > > This functionality is not available in Inventor R9, but we are considering > it for the future. I would like to get your input on this, though. If we > were to import the bend feature, the logical place to bring it to would be > to the sheet metal environment; however, that environment assumes a uniform > thickness. My question is: When you use the bend command in MDT, are you > typically assuming uniform thickness of the bent part? > > Thanks, > Joe Doyle > > > > > "Brian Putnam" wrote in message > news:40f8489a$1_2@newsprd01... > > Can Inventor import parts created in MDT that were created using the > > bend command? > > > > Brian > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report