Inventor General

Contributor
Message 11 of 13 (110 Views)

Re: Implementing Tube and Pipe in our company

11-25-2013 10:41 PM in reply to: thijs1234

Here are two pictures of the overlap and the authoring of the pipe.

Contributor
Message 12 of 13 (89 Views)

11-26-2013 12:55 AM in reply to: thijs1234

Sorry for the reposts (is there a way I can edit a post?)

I discovered at work now that my tube and pipe styles do not work completely. Only the style with bends works. The style with knee's (or if i draw a 45 degree bend myself then the bend style also) give an error: Failed in engaging pipe with fitting. Connections do not fit because of different nominal sizes.

What am I missing?

Contributor
Message 13 of 13 (83 Views)

11-26-2013 01:30 AM in reply to: thijs1234

Stupid... I've tracked it down to an error when I make the piping style. (see the image)

What causes this one? The table and parameter mapping of the 45 degree and 90 degree bends are exactly the same but when I try to save it with the 45 degree I get the error. The 90 degree doesn't have an error on saving.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube