Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic Global Forms

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnster100
2009 Views, 2 Replies

Ilogic Global Forms

Hi There,

I am relatively new to using iLogic forms. I have an assembly which contains quite a lot of parts. I would like to use iLogic forms to control the dimensions of these parts.

Some of the parts contain spreadsheets which control data which is displayed on the form and sets parameters within the parts.

If I make my form a global form I can see it in the parent assembly. But I cannot change any of the parameters which is frustrating. If you cannot change parameters by using a global form then what is there function?

Ideally I would like a form which I can make in the part file (faster for testing and creating) which can then be accessed from the top level assembly so that the user doesn't have to hunt around opening part files to find forms. Do I need to get ETO to achieve something like this?

thanks,

John

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: johnster100

While I'm relatively new to iLogic I have got this working.

Created parameters/renamed dimensions at the part levels.

Then create User Parametes at the assy level.

Create a new iLogic rule. Use the Parameter (assy) snippet to make the Part Parameter driveable from the assy User Parameter (see below).

ilogic_rule.png

Assign a trigger to the rule of "Any Model Parameter Change".

Create your Form (doesn't have to be a Global Form).

Hope this helps.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 3
johnster100
in reply to: johnster100

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have made this form up. It reads and displays allowable values for setting shaft geometry setting bearing collars. I would like to be able to open the form and set parameters in the parent assembly of the part (as I have other forms here for other parts) so that all forms can be accessed from the one location.

I understand this may not be achievable but thought i'd ask anyway 🙂

thanks,

John

Untitled.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report