Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideal Way to Setup this Simulation....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GSE_Dan_A
336 Views, 4 Replies

Ideal Way to Setup this Simulation....

Hello all,

I am currently using IV Professional 2013 and would like to analyze a Jack Stand.  It is pretty basic and straightforward in design.  My concern is setting up the contacts between the parts.  A photo of the model is attached.....

A 3/4 inch Dia. Hitch Pin is used to keep the adjustable HSS in place.  My questions is what contacts should I use for the pin and the surfaces of the holes as well as the surface between the smaller HSS outisde face and the larger HSS inside face? I currently have them all as Separation.  All other contacts are Bonded (Gusset plate to Base plate, Angle to HSS, etc...).

Jack Stand.jpg

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Smiley Surprised

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 3 of 5
JDMather

Wasim Younis presents a very similar problem in this book

http://www.amazon.com/Running-Autodesk-Inventor-Professional-2012/dp/1461066115/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&i...#_

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
GSE_Dan_A
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD! This book seems to come up a lot on these forums (along with Curis'). I think I will have to convince the bossman to make a few purchases.

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 5 of 5
blair

Or take his Sim classes at AU, if you are really quick on the draw answering a simple question at the end of class you will get a free book. (even signed by him if you want)

Somehow "Up and Running with Autodesk Inventor Sim" sounds better than "Dynamic Simulation for Dumbies"

...not calling anyone dumb

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report