Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iassembly Mass Property Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dcmorgan
408 Views, 2 Replies

Iassembly Mass Property Question

I am currently building an Iassembly and I keep running into this message whenever I go to save one of Iassembly members

It states " Do you want to calculate the mass properties for the master level of detail? if you select 'NO' Inventor will calculate the mass property for the currently active level of detail."

now when I go ahead and select yes or no, it goes ahead and places 4 BOM columns in my table with Default and Reference. What exactly does this mean? I keep deleting them and they keep coming back constantly adding more and more columns to my ipart table.

Since I am constantly suppresing and unsuppressing, adding and deleting components based on the configuration, I have to always be on another level of detail other the master detail correct?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swordmaster
in reply to: dcmorgan

Inventor requires a custom level of detail to supress components. If you do not create one Inventor will when you suppress the first component.

All components are unsuppressed in the Master level of detail

When saving you get the message asking which level of detail to use to calculate the mass properties if you choose the active LOD Inventor will ignore suppressed components in the mass calculation If you choose to calculate the mass using the master LOD it will include all components in the calculation.

Normally you would want to calculate the mass using the custom LOD

The Inventor BOM references the master LOD if the custom LOD is active and you look at the BOM the suppressed components are still shown, however the BOM type is changed to Reference.

That is why you are seeing a mix of normal and reference types

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 3
dcmorgan
in reply to: swordmaster

Thank You. I now have a better understanding of what is occurring. Thanks again for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report