Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV9SP1 - Can't turn off "Definition in Base View"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
195 Views, 2 Replies

IV9SP1 - Can't turn off "Definition in Base View"

I have got 3 views in my IDW: 1) A normal view of my assembly 2) A section view of my assembly 3) A top view of that section view The problem: I can't turn off the "Definition in Base View" of my 3rd view! I can uncheck it and hit OK, but the arrow just stays! If I edit the 3rd view again, the "Definition in Base View" has been checked again! I have moved the arrow outside my drawing, but it is a bug and very annoying!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, something strange is going on! One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I have broken the alignment of the 3rd view. But what I just discovered, if you re-align the view the view label will get a new letter (for instance C will become D). Breaking and re-aligning the view will increment the letter! I don't think this is supposed to happen! And if I re-apply the alignment, the "Definition in Base View" has been toggled OFF, but now I can't toggle it ON! So what on earth is going on?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm seeing the letter increment, but I can turn off the definition with no problems. "Teun Ham (IV9 SP1)" wrote in message news:41c156ed$1_1@newsprd01... > OK, something strange is going on! > > One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I have broken > the alignment of the 3rd view. > > But what I just discovered, if you re-align the view the view label will get > a new letter (for instance C will become D). > Breaking and re-aligning the view will increment the letter! I don't think > this is supposed to happen! > > And if I re-apply the alignment, the "Definition in Base View" has been > toggled OFF, but now I can't toggle it ON! > > So what on earth is going on? > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report