Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV9 - Can you print from "View" sub-program?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
184 Views, 7 Replies

IV9 - Can you print from "View" sub-program?

That "View" sub-program that comes with IV9......can someone open and print an idw file from it?

What else can IV View allow the user to do?

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can print, edit iProperties, open in DA. That's about it, I think. Looks decent enough. Haven't experimented much with it yet. No markups or dimensioning features that I've found. -- Scott M Inventor 9, SP1 Windows XP Pro Maxtor 60GB HD 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz 1GB RAM
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I think the Inventor Viewer installs with the Design Assistant. But it available as a FREE download, as is the DWF Viewer from http://makeashorterlink.com/?O57C63979 The InvViewer is available from WinExplorer when right clicking on an Inventor file, which is very useful when you need to look at a file that isn't in the project you might currently be working on. HTH Duncan @home -- "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) "csmac2004" wrote in message news:416564e2_2@newsprd01... > You can print, edit iProperties, open in DA. That's about it, I think. Looks > decent enough. Haven't experimented much with it yet. No markups or > dimensioning features that I've found. > -- > Scott M > > Inventor 9, SP1 > Windows XP Pro > Maxtor 60GB HD > 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB > Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz > 1GB RAM > >
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

It's also on the CD's in case you don't feel like downloading. -- Rui "Duncan Anderson" wrote in message news:41658c6f_1@newsprd01... > I think the Inventor Viewer installs with the Design Assistant. > > But it available as a FREE download, as is the DWF Viewer from > http://makeashorterlink.com/?O57C63979 > > The InvViewer is available from WinExplorer when right clicking on an Inventor > file, which is very useful when you need to look at a file that isn't in the > project you might currently be working on. > > HTH > Duncan > @home > > -- > "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving > by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary > living." > (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) > > > "csmac2004" wrote in > message news:416564e2_2@newsprd01... > > You can print, edit iProperties, open in DA. That's about it, I think. Looks > > decent enough. Haven't experimented much with it yet. No markups or > > dimensioning features that I've found. > > -- > > Scott M > > > > Inventor 9, SP1 > > Windows XP Pro > > Maxtor 60GB HD > > 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB > > Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz > > 1GB RAM > > > > > >
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I hadn't thought about that! Using it to look at files that are in different projects! Cool! Too bad there's no dimensioning tool, though. Than it would be even more useful! -- Scott M Inventor 9, SP1 Windows XP Pro Maxtor 60GB HD 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz 1GB RAM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Rui, I'm not sure - because I don't have the install disks with me - but I think it's bundled with DA9 on the CDs. I mentioned the FREE downloads because some people are unaware that complete projects can be sent to clients/customers without Inventor. Duncan -- "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) "Rui Vaz" wrote in message news:41658efd_3@newsprd01... > It's also on the CD's in case you don't feel like downloading. > > -- > Rui > > > > "Duncan Anderson" > wrote in message news:41658c6f_1@newsprd01... >> I think the Inventor Viewer installs with the Design Assistant. >> >> But it available as a FREE download, as is the DWF Viewer from >> http://makeashorterlink.com/?O57C63979 >> >> The InvViewer is available from WinExplorer when right clicking on an > Inventor >> file, which is very useful when you need to look at a file that isn't in > the >> project you might currently be working on. >> >> HTH >> Duncan >> @home >> >> -- >> "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and > proving >> by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for > ordinary >> living." >> (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) >> >> >> "csmac2004" wrote in >> message news:416564e2_2@newsprd01... >> > You can print, edit iProperties, open in DA. That's about it, I think. > Looks >> > decent enough. Haven't experimented much with it yet. No markups or >> > dimensioning features that I've found. >> > -- >> > Scott M >> > >> > Inventor 9, SP1 >> > Windows XP Pro >> > Maxtor 60GB HD >> > 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB >> > Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz >> > 1GB RAM >> > >> > >> >> > >
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

When I put my CD in, under the install screen there's the option. See attached. -- Rui "Duncan Anderson" wrote in message news:41664451$1_2@newsprd01... > Rui, > > I'm not sure - because I don't have the install disks with me - but I think it's > bundled with DA9 on the CDs. > > I mentioned the FREE downloads because some people are unaware that complete > projects can be sent to clients/customers without Inventor. > > Duncan > > -- > "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving > by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary > living." > (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) > > > "Rui Vaz" wrote in message news:41658efd_3@newsprd01... > > It's also on the CD's in case you don't feel like downloading. > > > > -- > > Rui > > > > > > > > "Duncan Anderson" > > wrote in message news:41658c6f_1@newsprd01... > >> I think the Inventor Viewer installs with the Design Assistant. > >> > >> But it available as a FREE download, as is the DWF Viewer from > >> http://makeashorterlink.com/?O57C63979 > >> > >> The InvViewer is available from WinExplorer when right clicking on an > > Inventor > >> file, which is very useful when you need to look at a file that isn't in > > the > >> project you might currently be working on. > >> > >> HTH > >> Duncan > >> @home > >> > >> -- > >> "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and > > proving > >> by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for > > ordinary > >> living." > >> (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) > >> > >> > >> "csmac2004" wrote in > >> message news:416564e2_2@newsprd01... > >> > You can print, edit iProperties, open in DA. That's about it, I think. > > Looks > >> > decent enough. Haven't experimented much with it yet. No markups or > >> > dimensioning features that I've found. > >> > -- > >> > Scott M > >> > > >> > Inventor 9, SP1 > >> > Windows XP Pro > >> > Maxtor 60GB HD > >> > 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB > >> > Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz > >> > 1GB RAM > >> > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > >
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Not allowed install privileges :( But once had a chance to browse the CD Duncan -- "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) "Rui Vaz" wrote in message news:416646a5_2@newsprd01... > When I put my CD in, under the install screen there's the option. > > See attached. > > > -- > Rui > > > > "Duncan Anderson" wrote in > message news:41664451$1_2@newsprd01... >> Rui, >> >> I'm not sure - because I don't have the install disks with me - but I > think it's >> bundled with DA9 on the CDs. >> >> I mentioned the FREE downloads because some people are unaware that > complete >> projects can be sent to clients/customers without Inventor. >> >> Duncan >> >> -- >> "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and > proving >> by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for > ordinary >> living." >> (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) >> >> >> "Rui Vaz" wrote in message > news:41658efd_3@newsprd01... >> > It's also on the CD's in case you don't feel like downloading. >> > >> > -- >> > Rui >> > >> > >> > >> > "Duncan Anderson" > >> > wrote in message news:41658c6f_1@newsprd01... >> >> I think the Inventor Viewer installs with the Design Assistant. >> >> >> >> But it available as a FREE download, as is the DWF Viewer from >> >> http://makeashorterlink.com/?O57C63979 >> >> >> >> The InvViewer is available from WinExplorer when right clicking on an >> > Inventor >> >> file, which is very useful when you need to look at a file that isn't > in >> > the >> >> project you might currently be working on. >> >> >> >> HTH >> >> Duncan >> >> @home >> >> >> >> -- >> >> "Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and >> > proving >> >> by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for >> > ordinary >> >> living." >> >> (Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002) >> >> >> >> >> >> "csmac2004" wrote > in >> >> message news:416564e2_2@newsprd01... >> >> > You can print, edit iProperties, open in DA. That's about it, I > think. >> > Looks >> >> > decent enough. Haven't experimented much with it yet. No markups or >> >> > dimensioning features that I've found. >> >> > -- >> >> > Scott M >> >> > >> >> > Inventor 9, SP1 >> >> > Windows XP Pro >> >> > Maxtor 60GB HD >> >> > 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB >> >> > Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz >> >> > 1GB RAM >> >> > >> >> > >> >> >> >> >> > >> > >> >> > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report