Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2014 Error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
297 Views, 7 Replies

IV2014 Error

I've been working on a large drawing file for a while now.  About a week back I had a file corruption error.  I was able to save the majority of my work by copying and pasting the uncorrupted sheets to a new file.  This happened again and I performed the same salvage operation.  The current situation is this: I am currently able to save my file, but not do anything useful with it.  Whenever I try to print or export, I get the error message "Error loading segment DLSheet27MSegment in database", followed by the file path.  I've already looked through the forums and found one other user that experienced a similar error but assistance (for obvious reasons, it's not exactly a common error) wasn't forthcoming.  How do I escalate this so that AD staff see this and respond?

I have also had some fun crashes that have occured after the first salvage which generated a bug report, but all I got was what appeared to be an automated email to advise that the data was scrambled.  I'm not willing to throw away over a month's work, so I'd like to find a solution.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Justin, Based on the details you provided, it looks that you have experienced this corruption error and some crashes. So could you attach the dataset here or send me using river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation? Thanks, River
Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 8
rhasell

Justin

I cannot help with the immediate problem, but what I learnt many years ago, was to never ever, ever have multiple sheet drawings.

If it becomes corrupt you loose everything.

Sorry mate, hope you come right, and have learnt from this, and change your design processes in future.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rhasell

Interestingly one of my colleagues said the same thing, although he couldn't give me a reason why.  Seems odd to add in a feature, only for it to be too dangerous to use...

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

Sorry River, but I'm dealing with too much data (the relevant folders run to a total of almost 2Gb) so I can't forward this through.

Message 6 of 8
t_pcoll

Hi Justin,

please send me at least the corrupted IDW for further investigation - if possible. Also, let me know bug reports numbers or your e-mail address you filled there so I can take a look at them too - as they may be related. [ladislav.pcola@autodesk.com]

Thanks
Ladislav
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: t_pcoll

Thanks.  The corrupt file has been done away with (the healthy sheets were copied and pasted into a new file and the damaged sheets redrawn) but I'l send them through if I have further issues.

Message 8 of 8
rhasell

Hi Justin

It's a great feature, I use it to some degree, but most of my multisheet drawings are more just to add drawing sheet numbers.

I think the main reason why it becomes corrupt, is that there is just too much going on in the drawings. Compare assembly / Part files to a drawing file size, The drawings files are a lot larger. There is a LOT of information to manage, esp when you say your data set is around 2gig.
 I think the machine just runs out of steam.

The other thing I have found is when I access a drawing from an older version, that is normally when the system goes belly up and you loose everything due to some small corruption.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report