Inventor General

*Expert Elite*
-niels-
Message 1 of 1 (92 Views)

IV2013 Sub-Assemblies can be assigned a material?!?!

92 Views, 0 Replies
05-01-2012 12:10 AM

I just noticed that with the new material dropdown i can push a change in material to all the parts in a sub-assembly, which i find extremely worrying.

The only way to undo this change is by actually using "undo", it is not set as an override like with the appearances...

Also if there are color overrides set to any of the parts, this change in material isn't immediately apparent either... (if the new material has a different color ofcourse)

In previous versions of inventor you just couldn't set a material for assemblies, so why did this change?

It's so very illogical, parts should get a material set and assemblies shouldn't have any influence on them.

I hope this gets fixed, making that material dropdown grayed-out when a sub-assembly is selected.

Using IV2014 Pro SP1 update 1, Win7-64bit

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube