Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2013 SP1 Forgetting Keyboard Customizations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tdswanson
233 Views, 1 Reply

IV2013 SP1 Forgetting Keyboard Customizations

So this happened to me the other day.  I'm trucking right along, doing the do like normal and then I notice a bunch of my keyboard commands no longer work.  Not ALL of them.  Some of them stayed. 

At first I'm thinking that it's no big deal.  I've exported my Customizations to an XML file and I can just re-import them., right?

So I did that.  And yes, what I had saved in that file came back in.  However, *SOME* defaults were returned at some point, so I still had to go line by line and scrub some things out to make them work.  For example, I use "D" for general dimension in the drawing environment.  But if the default setup had "DV" for detail view, "D" doesn't help because it's now an ambiguous entry.  What a pain.

1.  This is crazy that this happens.  Seems like it's not a new thing either.  What's the deal with elimination of this bug?

2.  Is there a way to wipe all the keyboard commands prior to importing my own XML file so I don't have to manually scrub out other stuff?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobJV
in reply to: tdswanson

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2013-Pro-Keyboard-Customize/td-p/3749628

Similar problem here.  Also - do you have this turned on: "Use default multi-character Command Aliases" in your customize menu.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report