Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2012 Sp1 - Delete unused parameter takes 4-5 seconds per parameter!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
RobSinglehurst
441 Views, 6 Replies

IV2012 Sp1 - Delete unused parameter takes 4-5 seconds per parameter!

I have user parameters that are no longer needed and are not being used anywhere.  They each takes 4-5 seconds to delete, prior to 2012 this would happen instantly.

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AdrianT
in reply to: RobSinglehurst

Yes I've noticed this. How does one delete a whole bunch of them at a time? It is very time consuming to delete 100 unusued parameters one by one. Any help/tips would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Adrian

Message 3 of 7
RobSinglehurst
in reply to: AdrianT

Hi Adrian,

Reduce the height of the parameter dialog window so that it only shows a few parameters - you will find it deletes them much quicker then! I've attached a jpeg to show what I mean.

Cheers,

--Rob Singlehurst

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 4 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: RobSinglehurst

Try un-checking "Immediate Update" in the parameters window.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 7
AdrianT
in reply to: mrattray

Would that be for only speed increase?

See the screenshot attached. I need to delete all those yellow parameters with a click or two, not one by one. Is that possible.

Message 6 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: AdrianT

It's possible to delete all unused parameters using a macro, but there is no way to do it using the GUI.

My suggestion was just to help with the "lag" after you delete a parameter. The "lag" comes from Inventor updating your assembly; by turning off immediate update you can delete all of your parameters and then do a single manual update when you're done.

Try searching this forum and the Inventor Customization forum for a macro, I'm sure it's been done before.
 If you can't find one and this is something you do frequently then it shouldn't take me long to whip one up for you.

You may want to suggest this as an addition to future versions here: Inventor IdeaStation

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 7
AdrianT
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks Mike, and Rob. Seems to be going quicker 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report