Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV10Sp3a Anyone found a way to swap positional reps?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pkquat
139 Views, 2 Replies

IV10Sp3a Anyone found a way to swap positional reps?

I have two identical pieces of machines that can be set at two different working heights and lengths. I have positional reps for the two different heights and lengths and sub positions based on the height and width. These were used for the presentation to the customer. I have copied the machine in DA since each machine has to have its own machine number.

I would like to be able make one idw and copy it Then change the positional reps for the prints to show the different heights and lengths.

I am thinking of copying one set of positional reps and calling them Print_Rep1,2,3,4 etc. Then on machine two do the same but copy a different set of positional reps but using the same name, and the trying the bait and switch with DA (those of you who have done it know what I am talking about). Or do I have to copy the same positional reps and modify them after the bait and switch. Or do I have to create the "Print_Reps" before and re-copy the machine?

bump

Pete
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pkquat
in reply to: pkquat

Well coping Pos Reps and renaming them as mentioned in the last paragraph does not work. Neither does copying the same one and then modifying the name. 😞

I did not try creating new Pos Reps and matching the names. I think it will have the same result as above.

I found if you rename existing reps in the assembly, the copied drawing will still find the match in the copied assembly no matter what the new name is in either assembly.

I was able to adjust a few of the overrides in each assembly so more were driven off the master. I renamed them as Print Reps. Before I adjusted the overrides I copied them to new Pos Reps.

In the end I didn't have to recreate the drawing, but the Pos Rep order in each assembly looks like a mess 😐

If only I could re-order the names of the positional reps.

Pete
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pkquat

Pete,
I logged this as issue 948689.

--
Thanks
Lisa Darrah
Inventor Quality Assurance Engineer

wrote in message news:5625353@discussion.autodesk.com...
Well coping Pos Reps and renaming them as mentioned in the last paragraph
does not work. Neither does copying the same one and then modifying the
name. 😞

I did not try creating new Pos Reps and matching the names. I think it will
have the same result as above.

I found if you rename existing reps in the assembly, the copied drawing will
still find the match in the copied assembly no matter what the new name is
in either assembly.

I was able to adjust a few of the overrides in each assembly so more were
driven off the master. I renamed them as Print Reps. Before I adjusted
the overrides I copied them to new Pos Reps.

In the end I didn't have to recreate the drawing, but the Pos Rep order in
each assembly looks like a mess 😐

If only I could re-order the names of the positional reps.

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report