Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPart suppressed sweep 3D sketch failure

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Mech.Mon
457 Views, 5 Replies

IPart suppressed sweep 3D sketch failure

Hello,

I have an Ipart I created and in some of the parts there is a swept feature. In other configurations it is suppressed.

The issue is that the 3D sketch for the sweep gets broken going to/from the configuration. The path is generated from an extruded cut that is also supressed.

I tried to recreate the sweep using a different sketch, but that wasn't successfull.

Is this a bug or is there a different aproach I can use?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
NicolasXu
in reply to: Mech.Mon

Hi Mech.Mon,

It sounds you need the 3D sketch available after some other features (extruded cut, sweep) suppressed?

I’m thinking it depends on how the sketch was generated. Without looking into the model, it’s hard to say where the problem is. Could you post the dataset or more information that may help me reproduce this problem here? You can also send it to me via email (lixiongDOTxuATautodeskDOTcom)

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (2)
Message 3 of 6
NicolasXu
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hi Mech.Mon, I received the dataset and replied email to you. Please let me know if any further questions. Thanks, Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
Mech.Mon
in reply to: NicolasXu

Thanks Nicholas,

I did a similar trick, but I must have missed a constraint becaus my projected sketch went haywire. So After I get a chance to to figure out where I went wrong, I'll do a write up later today, and post it here for posterity.

Regards,

Mon

Message 5 of 6
Mech.Mon

Nicolas,

I found my error, when I was selecting the path I had selected an edge, not the curve.

This demo shows a simplified version of what the solution is:

#1 when selecting a path for a sweep that will be suppressed use a curve instead of an edge.

#2 Make sure the sketch of the curve is visible before begining.

Regards,

Mon

Message 6 of 6
NicolasXu

Hi Mon,

Glad to see you have figured it out. It's a little tricky as the edge is easier to be selected than the curve.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report